Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me how to stop my 4 year old giving herself nosebleeds

(3 Posts)
StrangewaysHereICome Wed 03-Aug-11 20:32:46

My 4 year DD keeps picking her nose and giving herself awful nosebleeds, especially at night. I know she picks because she leaves her "artwork" on the wall and sheets, and she admits it. I seem to have managed to stop her displaying the fruits of her labour by talking about it and she was embarrassed that I knew what she had been doing but I can't stop the nosebleeds.

I am at my wits end changing the beds, scrubbing the carpets and sorting her out in the night. I have tried nicely nicely, and now I am trying being cross but neither way is having an effect. I leave tissues in the bedroom for her to blow her nose but she won't.

She's seen the doctor who prescribed an antibiotic cream which worked for a while stopping the bleeding but they won't cauterise it if she picks it. And I am convinced the picking is the problem and it would heal if left alone.

Any wise MNers with any advice

horsemadgal Wed 03-Aug-11 23:48:21

I wonder if saline drops or spray would soften it and would make it less pickable and more blowable!

StrangewaysHereICome Thu 04-Aug-11 16:36:46

Thanks, anything is worth a try smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now