Talk

Advanced search

Boden - what size to order for a 6yr old, do sizes come up small

(6 Posts)
clottedcream Tue 02-Aug-11 08:59:03

sorry for posting here .... thought a parent could answer.

I want to order some items from boden but not sure if they come up small. im currently buying age 7-8 for my 6 yr old

greycircles Tue 02-Aug-11 09:00:54

What is it that you want to buy? In general, I do find the girls' stuff slightly on the small side but it does vary from item to item.

greycircles Tue 02-Aug-11 09:01:31

Also, read any reviews for the item you are interested in because people will often say whether they've had to size up etc. Since it's early in the season, there aren't many reviews yet, though.

Hard to say, depends on the size of your dc. I buy alot blush of mini boden and I think it comes up huge, but both ds and dd and very slim.

For example ds was wearing a 3-4 hoody until he was 6 and now at 7 he is still in age 5 shorts but age 6 trousers for the length.

We have some 7-8 stuff from sales put away it is enormous, is a real shame they don't do a 6-7.

Boden returns are free though, why don't you just get a couple of sizes and see what you think?

Happy shopping smile

clottedcream Tue 02-Aug-11 09:16:12

ummm wanted mainly shorts, 3/4 trousers and t shirts...he is very skinny but long so trousers tend to buy for the length age 7-8 and pull in at waist and t shirts prob same

greycircles Tue 02-Aug-11 09:25:59

Some of the boys' tshirts come up pretty large. My 5yo is gigantic (128cm) but skinny and I have him in Boden 7-8 tshirts - the short sleeved tshirts are very slightly on the large side for him, but OK. The Boden long sleeved tshirts in 7-8 are just wearable but they are pretty long. So prob go for 7-8 as 5-6 will be too small. There is no 6-7 in tops, but there are more sizes in trousers.

For shorts, you could probably get an age 6 for a tall skinny 6yo. However, watch the reviews on the waists as if he is skinny, some stuff will fall down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now