Talk

Advanced search

Grumpy 1 year old - can it really just be teeth? Please share experiences with me.

(7 Posts)
Zimm Sun 31-Jul-11 15:40:46

My almost one year is miserable a lot of the time at the minute. She is constantly sticking her fingers in her mouth and drooling but this seems to have been going on for over a month now. Can teeth really take this long? She has six already. She does throw a lot of tantrums when a 'toy' (e.g. my glasses, the phone etc) is taken away so I think I do have a case of very early onset terrible twos also! She is my PFB so I don't know what is normal. She is very healthy otherwise. Not a great napper so some of it over tiredness BUT she is like this even when not tired e.g. after twelve hours sleep she will still throw a strop if she does not get own way or display teething symptoms. I just want to make her happy.

Tee2072 Sun 31-Jul-11 15:43:25

Teeth take months I'm afraid. My 2 year old has his final tooth come in about a month or so ago.

Calpol/nurophen or teething granules.

Zimm Sun 31-Jul-11 15:46:07

Thanks Tee - my DP keep attributing her behaviour to teeth but I don;t want to just it as such if she actually unhappy/I am doing wrong.

Albrecht Sun 31-Jul-11 15:59:16

Ds had one tooth that took over 6 weeks. He gets a spotty rash on the outside of his cheeks so we knew it was coming.

Also is she showing signs of standing / walking. That can be frustrating for some.

Distraction is essential really, getting out of the house helps take their mind off it I think.

singalongamumum Sun 31-Jul-11 16:04:35

Oh yes, teeth go on and on and on. I think it also puts them off their food and then they are doubly grumpy because they are hungry too. Sometimes, my DD (18mo) will only eat soft food like past for days. Also think don;t stint on the meds! Top em up when you can and give the poor DS a break! ;0)

Zimm Sun 31-Jul-11 20:31:08

Yes hse is trying hard to walk and is generally very frustrated about everything. Poor thing, she used to be so sunny! We get out the hosue alot, soemtimes for most of the day! Buit she currently hates the buggy as she wants to crusing about practising her walking!

Albrecht Sun 31-Jul-11 20:49:29

Yes ds is the same atm, he wants to get out of the buggy and push it in circles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now