We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice on DS time during the hols for 6 and 7 year olds,anybody know which is best and for how long?

(2 Posts)
MilaMae Sun 31-Jul-11 15:33:26

Trying to set up a timetable so I don't get nagged and they're only on them for however long I feel is right.

We normally let them go on them for an hour or so after school and an hour or so at weekends but I feel this is too much and need to change it.

Problem is I don't know which is best so only 3 days a week or a little every day? I don't want to be mean but I don't like them having too much screen time.

DS time is pretty much their screen time,it's either TV or DS not both. They do a lot of outdoorsy stuff,read,crafty stuff too.

I don't have a problem with a bit of either as think they both have their values but one of my ds's would be on his all day if I let him.

So what do others do and anybody know the recommended limits?

My dc are 7,7 and 6.

SecretSquirrels Sun 31-Jul-11 17:43:13

When mine were about 8/9 we got them DSs. I also bought little digital timers, one each. They were allowed 1 hour a day but could use it when they wanted to. So the timer was set to count down from 60 minutes and they had to have it on if they were playing.
Sounds a bit OTT now I think back but it actually worked really well for many years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now