Talk

Advanced search

Bedtimes - take it in turns or do it as a team?

(9 Posts)
emkana Sat 30-Jul-11 22:24:15

what do you think works better?

Or do you do something completely different?

oldsilver Sat 30-Jul-11 22:28:24

2 minutes cuddle with mummy (more like 15). Then DP takes DS upstairs for teeth cleaning, jim jams on and story.

I only do bedtimes when DP is out for the night. At first it was the chance to give DP proper DP/DS time and for me to put my feet up for 5 mins get tea on the go. It's happened this way now for 5 years smile

Mummyrev Sat 30-Jul-11 22:31:20

We do it as a team because we are both knackered by that time in the day and it is tough on your own. We have dts age 4 and ds2 age 2. But we are fortunate to always both be home by 6pm which means we can do it together.

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 22:32:32

dp normally does bedtime here. i've generally just had it with the kids by that time, so i get to sit and have a cup of tea while he gets them all to bed

sittinginthesun Sat 30-Jul-11 22:34:25

I have boys aged 7 and 4 and have done almost every bedtime single handed since birth, except when grandparents are over. DH used to get in such a tizz, it was easier to do it myself and we just in the habit.

megkat Sat 30-Jul-11 22:49:02

Take it in turns. All the time. Even have bathnights on Weds Fri and Sun then it's alternate weeks to do that too smile

DillyTante Sat 30-Jul-11 22:49:09

One each, but dd2 is still fed to sleep so I do that and dh sorts dd1. With just dd1 we would take it in turns.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Sat 30-Jul-11 22:58:02

We usually all eat together, so then one does bedtime while the other clears away the mess from tea. More often than not DH does bedtime and I clear up though, because I have more often been with the DCs all day and am happy to tidy up in peace, while he's up for some playing with them in the bath!

TanyaBranning Sat 30-Jul-11 23:01:01

If we are both in the house at bedtime we tend to take different 'bits' of the whole palaver e.g. one of us will do bath/teeth/PJs and the other will do story/tuck them in. If one of us is really knackered, then the other will take over completely. I have to say, it is the bit of parenting I find hardest as I am always knackered by their bedtime, so if DH is in, I am always really grateful if he does it and lets me have wine tidy up instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now