Talk

Advanced search

Stinky baby

(7 Posts)
posterofagirl Sat 30-Jul-11 21:12:34

My DD is 7 weeks old and her head has been stinking like rubbish since yesterday. I have bathed her and washed her hair but no change. It's making me feel a bit sick!

Any ideas?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 30-Jul-11 21:16:50

Could be cradle cap? That smells awful. I used Dentinox shampoo and rubbed on some olive oil to get rid of DDs.

thisisyesterday Sat 30-Jul-11 21:18:12

hmmm odd... does her head look ok? sniff her ears particularly... we discovered ear infection in ds1 when his ears smelles really bad one time

posterofagirl Sat 30-Jul-11 21:20:49

Her left ear does stink particularly bad but she has also got some flakey looking skin. I will give the cradle cap remedy a go first. Thanks!

mylovelymonster Sat 30-Jul-11 21:25:25

Dead skin build-up behind ears smells really yukky. Gentle clean with cotton wool with a little bit of oil-based balm should get shot and keep skin nice & soft.

Octaviapink Sun 31-Jul-11 12:56:49

Is it a Parmesan-type smell?? Both my DCs used to stash milk/sick behind their ears and if I forgot to clean behind there - man alive what a smell!
Agree with mylovelymonster - pull the ear away from the head so you can really see behind it, then a bit of olive oil on cotton wool should do it.

Nagini Sun 31-Jul-11 13:05:23

my fat baby has secret compartments to hide stinking filth in her neck and armpits smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now