Talk

Advanced search

2 DCs....thinking about a 3rd but not sure

(8 Posts)
bananamam Thu 28-Jul-11 19:20:40

we have a 2 yr old and a 4 year old. Things are good. No more nappies, getting out more etc. Thought I was finished with all this baby business!!

I have found myself dreaming about other babies and feel like I want another one. I thought dp was dead against it but when I mentioned it, well....dp wants one too. I just wonder if we are crazy!!!!

What made you go from 2-3 children? We are both female so it can't be accidental, it will be well planned just like our other children.

I just feel a bit mad, as financially we are ok, house is just getting there etc. Would it be crazy to start agin?

bananamam Thu 28-Jul-11 19:21:39

Again obviously!! Might go and have "a gin" now though

sunshineandshowers Thu 28-Jul-11 19:46:35

I feel like this. Things are just getting easier. Have a 4 year old and 16 month old. It's like I've forgotton the not sleeping for 14 months, the PND, the difficult pregnancy, the argueing.

I've no doubt 3 will be hard, but in my mind only v hard for the preg/new born bit, and then bit harder with all the school run/taxi business. It's so lovely when they interact with each other, I think a third would love it. Also, I am a third and DP a third. I am sorry, I am rambling.

Are you surrounded by people with lots of kids. We moved towns last year and people here seem to be having 3 and 4, not 2 ( I think the houses are cheaper!) and you do think if they can, I can.

If you have lots of love and a bit of money, a fairly stable relationship then really why not?

ajaybaines Thu 28-Jul-11 19:49:29

I feel the same and mine are 3 and 1.

Just got sleep deprivation/bottles/changing 6 nappies a day out of the way and it's suddenly got easier and I REALLY want another one.

bananamam Thu 28-Jul-11 20:05:51

It's pretty odd huh! We could afford it but would need to sacriice holdays etc but that's no big deal.

Not really around lots of newborns. Think because my oldest is about to start school. Seems a good time!

I am a third child toogrin

wigglesrock Thu 28-Jul-11 21:05:39

Dd3 is now five months. I have a 6 and 3 year old as well, I am happier than I have ever been. I'm not sure why, well apart from the obvious baby stuff but dd3 is an absolute delight, she's not sleeping through but it doesn't seem to matter grin, she's a screamer but this time its easier. Maybe because I know this is my last one [I think], the other two are fab with her, well if not fab definitely non-plussed, its actually been easier with the other two being a few years older, they can go to the toilet themselves, use the remote control, draw, play etc.

BeehiveBaby Thu 28-Jul-11 21:11:06

A terrible mistake for us to be quite honest but that's largely irrelevent to you! I was really happy with two, everyone had enough attention so never acted up, we could go anywhere do anything it seemed. Now, not so much. DDs are 5, 3 and 8mths BTW.

bananamam Thu 28-Jul-11 21:54:29

See I have the issue of one of each,and wonder if I have another girl, poor DS will be the only boy in the house!

But I am certain it will be easy, if only I could avoid pregnancy, spd, morning sickness etc like I had last time! Oh and my family thinking we are crazy!!

Decision is still not an easy one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now