Talk

Advanced search

etiquette - displaying of privates by preschoolers

(3 Posts)
littletinkers Wed 27-Jul-11 19:33:27

I had my MIL over at the weekend (who is a nightmare judgemental cow some of the time). My daughter and son (3 1/2) were running around naked, paddling pool etc and then my daughter lay on her back swung her legs up in the air, spread her legs wide open displaying all in graphic details - she does do this kind of thing fairly often. I didn't stop her as I think she should be free at this age to enjoy being free with her body - my MIL gave a big frown. Having said that I do think my daughter displays quite a lot of enjoyment of her body and well she probably thinks if feels quite nice to do what she did. I have felt she was too young to stop. Any views?

RitaMorgan Wed 27-Jul-11 19:37:06

Running around at home it's fine, let her enjoy herself.

If it starts becoming an issue in public then you might need to have a word with her about public/private behaviour.

Notanexcitingname Wed 27-Jul-11 20:04:36

is your dd 3.5 too? I think around that age is time to start the discussion of public and private. DS1 (5) knows if he wants to play with his willy he needs to do it in his room. But I'd not have stopped her doing what she did, just gently start the discussion if the opportunity presents itself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now