Talk

Advanced search

Anywhere in Bluewater a 9-month-old can burn off some energy?

(10 Posts)
cyanarasamba Tue 26-Jul-11 21:23:45

Planning to meet a mummy friend there with her little one, mainly for lunch and a good natter.

Is there anything resembling a playground or soft play where they can have a bit of a crawl around? (I'm not precious about her crawling around outdoors so long as its safe!)

I'm sure there are loads of nice places for lunch - anywhere you would recommend as being particularly child-friendly?

Thanks O wise mumsnetters.

cyanarasamba Tue 26-Jul-11 21:34:39

Bumping please.

sims2fan Wed 27-Jul-11 13:17:28

There's an outdoor play area. Not sure what's in it as only looked to see where it was out of curiosity. You go through the food court, then outside and there's a decking area and a playground.

Also, when I was there the other week with my mum we were amused by a group of women in the food court who had cordoned off a corner of the food court with chairs (and I think one side was against a wall of plants anyway) and their babies were happily crawling around the area while their mums chatted. It was quite a good idea I thought, as it wasn't the main lunch time so they weren't taking away a space that other people needed.

Taila Wed 27-Jul-11 20:58:33

If you go past waterstones on the bottom floor it will lead you past a resturant that is in the middle, go around the resturant and past the oh so tempting other places that flaunt their sexy sexy foods.....sorry getting away from what Im on about....and go out the doors. This will take you to an outside patio area. Infront of you will be a little bridge, to the right a park (including an awesome sand pit) and to the left an area that you can sit and chat but will definately need to keep a good eye on the kids as its more of an outside eating area.

The little park area is brilliant provided there arent a lot of kids there, easily done if you go on a day that is a bit slower (ie wednesday, we go every wednesday lol)

Ill be honest, each time I have gone back there it seems as if it is one of the least used entrances to bluewater and so it can be a rather quiet place.

Especially useful for when my 2yr old decides to be a drama queen in the middle of waterstones. smile

Hope this helps and enjoy your time!

kickingking Wed 27-Jul-11 21:02:12

There is an outdoor play area as described above.

I have also taken my child to the Lego shop to play - there are low tables with Duplo stuff on them and the staff don't mind you hanging out there. Early Learning also have toys out and don't mind you playing with them.

glitterkitty Wed 27-Jul-11 21:06:41

Outdoor play area by food court is great. ELC has lots of mats and little kid toys out. Ditto John Lewis on 2nd floor (more ride ons).

Dont get suckered into Pizza Express- longest wait for food ever there. Food court much easier to manage, although less glamrous!

If you really want soft play, Whale of a Time is 10 mins on bus from Bluewater grin

glitterkitty Wed 27-Jul-11 21:10:29

Must say, I never knew of sand pit and I go all the time- definatly going to look for that next time I'm there!

MayDayChild Wed 27-Jul-11 21:22:25

Sandpit has been closed for over a year while they build the stupid arena thingymajig. When did you last use it Taila?
Food hall, right to back, walk thru macdonalds where there is a handy nearby toilet!!!
Playground outside. It's woodchip flooring and next to the lake so eyes open !! The climbing toys aren't much cop for a wee one either. But plenty of space for them to move around.

cyanarasamba Thu 28-Jul-11 08:18:14

Thanks ladies! ELC was very useful. Also the area outside Starbucks where there are a few benches in the middle of the mall - let her have a crawl about there.

Taila Thu 28-Jul-11 21:46:15

Oh nnoooess! I didnt know it was closed! I was back there not long after all of the January and epic sales were happening. We took the kids there as we needed to give them a breather from all of the people.

Im starting to wonder what my kids where playing in now if its been closed for over a year! confused lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now