Talk

Advanced search

15mo lunches

(4 Posts)
desperatelyseekingsolutions Tue 26-Jul-11 10:19:55

Posted yesterday about my ds stroppy behaviour. So yesterday he refused to eat his lunch (pasta and tuna). So, as a result I took it away and made him the wait (bar drinks obviously) until dinner time. Not sure how others (or I) feel about this strategy as I did feel cruel but there were few alternatives in the fridge and I wasn't going out specially. It worked as he did eat all his dinner - no fussing.
Anyway, I was wondering how many of you cook a hot lunch and dinner every day or am I making life difficult (I do cook batches and freeze but am binning 50% at the moment due to his refusal to eat). What do you give your dc for lunch. Should I be making cold options? DS hates eggs and cold cheese. Any suggestions/ comments would be very helpful.

Athrawes Tue 26-Jul-11 10:25:25

Lunch is sandwiches or veggie muffins, fruit and crackers when DS is at nursery. Maybe pancakes, again with veggies and cheese/meat smuggled in, if we are at home. Hot breakfast (porridge) and dinner.

mistressploppy Tue 26-Jul-11 12:47:40

I try never to 'cook' at lunchtime as I'm too lazy busy. I sometimes make scrambled egg though.

So DS (21mo) eats:

sandwiches and wraps - cheese, ham, peanut butter
pitta and houmous
cheese on toast
muffins or crumpets
salady bits (cucumber and tomato)
soup with bread dunked in it
cold cooked salmon
cold chicken (any leftovers really)

I find variety works best at lunchtime as it's his 'worst' meal of the day, ie for not eating a great deal.

megkat Tue 26-Jul-11 21:25:46

Mine used to love toast, sausages and tomatoes all cut up into chunks - maybe with some cheese thrown in too. The a good fromage frais for pud. They never would eat too much though, maybe a slice of toast, 1/2 a sausage and just a few chunks of the others at one sitting (but my memory may be failing me, it feels like a long time ago now!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now