Talk

Advanced search

Has my beautiful baby now officially become a toddler with tantrums?

(5 Posts)
desperatelyseekingsolutions Mon 25-Jul-11 13:32:06

DS (15mo) seems to have had a personality transplant over the last few weeks. He wont eat, sleep and screams when things don't go quite his way.
I spend lots and lots of time playing with him. Cook a variety of meals (meals which were previously favourites he now spits back at me).
I could cry. What has happened to my placid little baby boy? What am I doing wrong? Is this it for the next few years?

desperatelyseekingsolutions Mon 25-Jul-11 13:33:50

oh just to add, i'm expecting dc 2 in dec and am now terrified of not being able to cope.

TheSugarPlumFairy Mon 25-Jul-11 13:46:04

DD is 16 months and exactly the same. She was the ultimate angel baby. slept through from 10 weeks, always smiley, ate like a demon. I was secretly smug. No longer.

Over the last 2 months she has developed quite the temper, is periodically clingy, has decided sleep is for losers and that all food must be eated (when she does eat) by hand and that all forms of cutlery (which she was using quite adeptly before) must be thrown at the dog/mummy preferably ninja stylee.

It will pass. it just might take 21 years.

desperatelyseekingsolutions Mon 25-Jul-11 13:49:44

21 YEARS! sobs sad

AngelDog Mon 25-Jul-11 22:45:22

It could be the 15 month developmental spurt (64 weeks (ish) from due date IIRC). In the run up to developmental leaps children often become 'clingy, cranky and crying' and sleep goes to pot. If it's that, it should calm down after the leap.

DS went a bit loopy then but it improved once the leap was past.

You can read about it in The Wonder Weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now