Talk

Advanced search

Please come and cheer me up with your tales of sibling-inflicted injuries

(8 Posts)
ceebeegeebies Sun 24-Jul-11 21:39:52

DS2 (2) threw a (large) stone at DS1 this afternoon and left a 1cm gash just above his eyebrow sad - I know it wasn't malicious as he thought it was a game but still no fun for either of them and DS1 will be left with a scar now to remind him of this!

Please share any injuries that have been inflicted by siblings so I don't feel too bad smile Have had to turn to pizza and wine tonight despite being on a diet!!

michglas Sun 24-Jul-11 21:41:35

DD1 was 11 at the time and DD2 was 5. They were at school playing at lunchtime and DH got a phonecall to say that DD2 had split her head open. It transpired that DD1 had been swinging DD2 round by her legs and whacked her head off a pillar.

MoreBeta Sun 24-Jul-11 21:43:52

I accidentally slammed a gate into my sister. The bolt went into her forehead and she collapsed unconcious in a pool of blood.

She was fine but the scar is still there some 40 years later. sad

ceebeegeebies Sun 24-Jul-11 21:59:25

Thanks for these smile I think the whole episode traumatised DS2 more than DS1 and hopefully has taught him to never throw stones wink

HansieMom Sun 24-Jul-11 21:59:30

My brother threw a hoe quite a distance and it hit me on top of my head. We told mom that I had fallen on a pipe. I still have quite the scar. When I was four--so he was either five or newly turned six (he has an August birthday and it was in the summer), he was whacking with a machete and sliced the side of my hand quite deeply. Why my parents allowed him a machete is a mystery. He was special though as he was the boy.

JenniL1977 Sun 24-Jul-11 22:04:21

I swung a cricket bat and hit my brother round the temple with it. Only time I ever hit a six in cricket! Seemingly I was quarter of an inch off fracturing his skull blush. he's got a cracking scar and had black eyes for two weeks.

I used to hang my other brother over the stairs by his ankles when he was annoying me.

Both brothers got their revenues on me very quickly as they were both taller than me by the time I was 10.

mymumdom Sun 24-Jul-11 22:07:12

DD3 shut the kitchen door on DS ( then about 1 year) fingers which were in the hinge bit. The entire end of his little finger was just hanging there still attached to the bone.
A lovely neighbour came and sat with DD's while I took DS down to A&E until DH got home.
We waited for about 4 hours to be seen, then I had to hold him down for an xray of the injured digit. I taped his hand to the plate to get a decent picture. the radiologist was impressed.
Finally it was announced that nothing was broken, so they bandaged it up and I left it like that for 10 days until it was stinking.
When I took the bandage off, the end of his finger had shriveled up and fallen off with it, but the end was healing okay. It's now fine but he has an odd fingerprint on that finger.

Sparklyboots Sun 24-Jul-11 22:35:52

I played an awesome game with my younger sister and brother which involved me lying on my back with my knees to my chest and one of them sitting on my feet and me kick-firing them into a pile of all the cushions in the house. Hilarious, but I did break my sister's arm after a particularly hard push. When she started crying, I told her to be quiet or I'd get in trouble. When finally she caught her breath from her animal-in-pain sounds, she quivered, "Boots didn't do it," to our panicking parents. FAIL - grounded for a month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now