Talk

Advanced search

Dd got an electrical shock today

(9 Posts)
emkana Sun 24-Jul-11 20:59:06

She tried to remove a broken adaptor from a socket. She's nearly eight, you just don't expect it do you. Glad to say she's fine, but bloody he'll I am shaken.

emkana Sun 24-Jul-11 21:50:26

Nobody willing to express some sympathy?

Imnotaslimjim Sun 24-Jul-11 21:53:04

I'm glad your DD is ok, but why was there a broken adaptor in a plug socket for her to try and take it out?

emkana Sun 24-Jul-11 21:56:26

To be precise we thought it was an intact an intact uk to Europe adaptor which she used to charge her ds. She tried to pull it out and the front bit came off. She then stuck her hand in to get the rest off. I had no idea there was anything wrong with it.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 24-Jul-11 22:33:39

Well that makes a little more sense. Can I assume it was a cheap one bought from a market? They are well known to be dangerous copies. I'm sorry you're DD was caught out though. Was she hurt?

emkana Sun 24-Jul-11 22:35:45

No just very very shaken. I can't remember where we bought it from tbh.

AnansiGirl Sun 24-Jul-11 22:35:59

She's very lucky, but I think you need to teach her a bit more about electrical safety and what not to do.

emkana Sun 24-Jul-11 22:52:54

I think she learnt a massive lesson there.

AnansiGirl Sun 24-Jul-11 22:55:38

I was very worried about DD when she was learning to dry her own hair, I worried about dry hands and dripping for ages.
She lived!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now