Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My 1 year old falls over and bangs her head ALL THE TIME

(11 Posts)
TheCountessOlenska Sun 24-Jul-11 10:46:33

She currently has a massive bruise on one side of her forehead and a bad cut on the other side. I feel like I'm not keeping her safe! Is there a way to let her learn to walk/run without so many disasters?

Fuzzled Sun 24-Jul-11 10:49:16

Use this? grin

Or just accept that it's a part of growing up.
I don't think there is a single photo of me when I was learning to walk the doesn't show me bruised! blush

scarlettsmummy2 Sun 24-Jul-11 10:51:05

I think it is quite common. I wanted to get my daughter one of those little baby helmets but my husband wouldn't let me! But in all seriousness it does get better, and just try and baby proof the house the best you can.

nethunsreject Sun 24-Jul-11 10:52:28

It is totally normal - don't worry!

LittleBoSqueak Sun 24-Jul-11 15:12:56

My first dd seemed to be head heavy and once I didn't get off the street we lived in without her falling on her head!

It worried me cos it happened so often but she is a bright eleven year old now!

I often thought we should have just stayed home!

naturalbaby Sun 24-Jul-11 20:59:08

my 23month old still does it. It drives me mad and can trip over his own feet walking in a straight line. At least 1/2dozen bumps a day and now sporting a chipped tooth sad. I was seriously getting worried about him and was even watching his feet when he walks convinced there is something wrong with his legs/feet.
At least he hasn't cut his head open needing a&e yet like ds1 did!

Timeforabiscuit Sun 24-Jul-11 21:19:52

Happened as a fairly long stage here with dd1 - was a nightmare , learnt the bumped head guides off by heart , no photos of her "unmarked" in that period. Get some steri strips for emergencies and try not to panic when you get the first bleeding head wound grin

Nagini Sun 24-Jul-11 21:23:16

oh I'd forgotten this bit! blanked it out

normal smile

MrsGravy Sun 24-Jul-11 22:26:42

Oh yes, mine too. Her brother was the same. She just seems to be taking ages to get properly steady on her feet. It's a bugger, I feel like I have to follow her round with my arms outstretched!

My eldest was never like that though, she walked really steadily right from the start and barely fell at all.

As others have said just try and baby proof a bit - perhaps get some corner cushions? And other than that just keep a close eye.

Athrawes Sun 24-Jul-11 22:34:16

Off to buy steristrips and clean dressings for the nappy bag!

Dawnybabe Sun 24-Jul-11 22:53:33

My dd2 26 months is dreadful for constantly tripping over her own feet. We began to think she had sight problems until she pointed out a red tractor to me that was two fields away and parked in front of a brick barn so that I could hardly see it! We now think she's long sighted and just can't see what's right in front of her too clearly. We also have regular bruises on her head. I do hope nobody thinks I've been regularly cuffing her one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now