Talk

Advanced search

Need some advice please - Adoption / Special Guardianship

(6 Posts)
tigerlillyd02 Sat 23-Jul-11 21:59:20

I'm new here and was recommended by somebody from another site.
I was wondering if there is anyone here who has taken on another child, perhaps family, but then afterwards applied for a Special Guardianship or Adoption order in respect of that child?
Apologies if this is in the wrong topic, but I couldn't find another to fit.
I need some advice. Also, can we send private messages on this site?
Thank you smile

cloudydays Sun 24-Jul-11 05:40:29

Hi tigerlilly - sorry I don't have any experience or advice for you, but I came across your message and wanted to direct you to a place where you are likely to get much better responses.

If you scroll down to 'Shortcuts' and click on 'Popular forums', you will see that the first section is 'Becoming a Parent'. Click on that and you'll find 'Adoptions' where there are many lovely mums (and maybe dads, not sure!), some of whom may have experience of the situation you're referring to.

Re: Private messages, if you see a post from someone you'd like to PM, click on 'message poster' in the light blue bar above their post. There are probably other ways too but that's the only one I know.

Good luck.

cloudydays Sun 24-Jul-11 05:51:39

link to Adoptions topic

Should have thought of that in the first place! smile

p99gmb Sun 24-Jul-11 12:50:25

or contact NanaNina in the fostering forum... she used to be a team manager of a fostering/adoption team and is a minefield of really useful honest advice... good luck

Marne Sun 24-Jul-11 12:54:36

I know someone who took on her grandson and then went to court to get gaurdianship (not adoption though), i don't know the details so cant be much help (sorry).

Pkam Sun 24-Jul-11 19:32:37

My PILs have court appointed guardianship of my neice and two nephews following the death of my SIL and SS involvement to remove children from BIL. They had to apply for the guardianship after the children had been with them for a while and went through quite a few steps to get to that point - all quite messy. Is that similar to what you're after advice on? I don't know all the legal bits and think these can differ depending on the SS you come under but can give some info on the personal side of it all if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now