Talk

Advanced search

getting 8 month to sleep

(4 Posts)
funnylittlehoney Sat 23-Jul-11 15:04:30

Hi
Can anyone help me with something? My up till now easy to get to sleep 8 month old has just started screaming, rolling over repeatedly and generally not going to sleep. It started on holiday (just returned), she is also teething. Any tips other than controlled crying and also how to stop her rolling over in cot? Is this a normal phase...I've been reading about 8 month sleep regression?
Thanks!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Mon 25-Jul-11 08:47:49

hi funny, could well be sleep regression or something.

Will she feed to sleep or sleep in a sling or buggy?

Does she need fewer naps now?

Why do you want to stop her rolling over?

Personally i'd do whatever you need to do to get her to sleep. Cosleep or whatever.

Don't worry about so called "bad habits"...you both need sleep. smile

matana Mon 25-Jul-11 10:31:41

Look at the 'Forget the 4 month regression, this is much, much worse....' thread under the sleep section. I started it because i've experienced similar issues with my 8.5 month old. There might not be a lot of advice there, but there's certainly some sympathy and reassurance! smile

funnylittlehoney Tue 02-Aug-11 20:16:39

Thanks!..and apologies for the delay in replying. Things are just getting better, although nowhere near as good as she was before. Luckily I have older children so I know they get through it, just don't remember it being that bad before!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now