Talk

Advanced search

How to get another mums toddler disciplined

(4 Posts)
justjust Thu 21-Jul-11 16:27:53

i am mum of a 3 year old girl. She is best friends with another 3 year old girl who we have known since birth.

I do not want to end the friendship with the mother or child as I like them both. However, her daughter is very aggressive towards mine. She appears to get so excited when spending time with her that she shoves and pulls my daughter around all the time.

My daughter really doesn't like it and we spend most play dates with my daughter running in and trying to get away from her.

It's not completely 1 way. My daughter can be a little dramatic but I do think that her daughter needs to stop pushing. She also pushes children that get time with my daughter. I would say that she just wants all my daughters attention and we know how hard that is at this age.

I have tried talking to both children and saying 'there will be no pushing or hitting from either of you today' when things flare up but this isn't working.

My husband has noted it too and has said that he thinks it is unacceptable. Before he rushes in I would like to tactfully say something to my friend or solve the problem myself. Any suggestions? I'd really like to keep the friendship and playmates if possible but they do need toning down.

Thanks

TheOriginalFAB Thu 21-Jul-11 18:40:16

Take a break from the play times maybe.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 21-Jul-11 18:42:00

Agree with fab just stop the playdates for a while or try them on neutral ground.

Some children just don't play well together and its hard when different people have different attitudes to discipline.

GwendolenHarleth Thu 21-Jul-11 19:02:05

I think she needs a new best friend as playing with this one doesn't sound much fun for her. Could you see the mum in the evenings instead and encourage your dd to make new friends at preschool or toddler groups (if she goes.) Maybe there is a child she is more compatible with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now