Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are we supposed to give cards and presents on the last day of nursery??

(6 Posts)
plinkduet Thu 21-Jul-11 14:10:55

My child attends a 3 hour session twice a week, on average once a week last several months though. One parent overhead debating if £20 voucher wasn't enough for the keyworker :0 I didnt know anything about this and it's the last day today (I forgot) because she starts school in Sep. I pick her up in an hour or so, hjavent got time to go out and get presents sad

StickyProblem Thu 21-Jul-11 14:12:53

We did homemade cards with a picture of DD. A £20 voucher???!!!

greycircles Thu 21-Jul-11 14:14:24

Just say thanks and forget about it. Lots of people will give presents but you don't have to.

Pancakeflipper Thu 21-Jul-11 14:15:09

Oh don't worry about it. Some parents do. Some don't. The ones who are giving £20 vouchers cancel out those who haven't.

A quick word with the key carer to say thank you and how much appreciated etc... Praise and thanks is often in short supply but rated highly.

ilovedjasondonovan Thu 21-Jul-11 14:19:35

My DD went to preschool for 2.5 hours twice a week. She left yesterday and I gave a card and personal thankyou. No need for pressies in my opinion, where does it stop??

swash Thu 21-Jul-11 14:28:26

I would go out and get a nice bottle of wine for the keyworker if you think she is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now