Talk

Advanced search

dummy issues

(3 Posts)
mtw Wed 20-Jul-11 22:39:17

YEs, my daughter is 4, and yes she still uses a dummy at night. SO, finally we have had enough, she was v. excited, to get a gift and sat goodbye to the dummy and send it off to a younger baby cousin. BUT< she is finding it hard, it's been 3 nights and she has been awake, on and off crying for it. I am standing firm and she has been coming into our bed and lots of cuddles etc. I feel terrible that she has to be so sad at the passing of the dummy! Does anyone have experience and how long will it be untill she accepts that it really is final!!!

lookatthatmess Thu 21-Jul-11 13:30:19

Its hard isn't it, but I wouldn't let her have it back now. I wish we had stopped my ds having his dummy at an earlier age (He was 5yrs)but he only had it at bedtimes. He kicked up quite a fuss when we got rid of it. you just have to be strong and give her lots of cuddles she will get over it. We will have to go through it soon with our dd.
I'm not sure how long it will take though( for her to be o.k.)

naturalbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 14:50:58

i read it takes 2 weeks. i took them off my 3yr old and 23month old a few weeks ago and my 3yr old woke up crying for it for a few days. i felt so mean taking them away took but really glad it's done now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now