Talk

Advanced search

got a toddler and a baby? Then this is the thread for you...

(403 Posts)
TheSecondComing Tue 19-Jul-11 23:21:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FriggFRIGG Tue 19-Jul-11 23:24:17

hello!!!! <battles through fire toys to reach laptop>>

im Frigg.

i have two little monsters darlings

DD 3yrs (on thursday)

and DS 10 months.

jeeeeeezuuuuuuss two is so much more than double the blardy work 'aint it! shock

FriggFRIGG Tue 19-Jul-11 23:25:10

Oh and DS is fucking WALKING ALREADY. <not impressed>

pushmepullyou Tue 19-Jul-11 23:28:29

This sounds like the thread for me grin

I have a DD 2.7 and a 4 month old DS. And a fulltime (but very flexible) job that is keeping me up until midnight most nights as I am full time mumming during the day.

I live in a four storey terrace and spend the entire day running up and down stairs.

Oh and they both have a sick bug this week to add to the fun!

TheSecondComing Tue 19-Jul-11 23:39:17

FriggFRIGG Tue 19-Jul-11 23:44:52

poor girl indeed.although i PMed her to thank her,today i made the first step.i called the GP and got an appointment ive been meaning/wanting to make for a long time.

it is MOST definitely stealth nothing.
it is a Massive Pain In The Arse.

he's started bundling his big sister,thing is,she doesnt take kindly to it,and RUNS with him clinging on to her. <sigh>

FriggFRIGG Tue 19-Jul-11 23:46:28

YY my nipples are also teethers.

he refuses to bite anything else sod

TheSecondComing Tue 19-Jul-11 23:50:01

FriggFRIGG Tue 19-Jul-11 23:53:00

oh,i feel just like that TSC.
oh thank fuck for that,im not totally mental.

thehairybabysmum Wed 20-Jul-11 00:04:57

Can I give you all a chink of light at the end of the tunnel...this year it has just suddenly got a lot easier, ds1 is 5 and ds2 is 4 in sep and IRS fab, no buggy, no nsppies, they potter off and play together. I even sat down with a coffee (gasp) for 20 mins in the sun last week one am!! They still have their moments but it is soo much easier than a year ago!!

Hang in there!

I did fancy a 3rd but have gone off the idea now as it would put a right spanner in this I think!!grin

petisa Wed 20-Jul-11 00:07:09

It's v late and I won't be on here for the next couple of weeks as rl taking over, but... this is SOO the place for me!! <parks expanding arse on comfy beanbag next to TSC, FriggFRIGG and pushmepullyou>

Tempestuous preschooler - check
rowdy baby - check
bitten nipples - check
sea full of toys on floor - check
permanent feeling of guilt hanging over me - check

Have to go though, 10 month old dd2 still does midnight feed (gagging for proper night out at this stage)

TheSecondComing Wed 20-Jul-11 00:14:10

TillyIpswitch Wed 20-Jul-11 00:28:07

Ooooh, 'ello!! <lowers self onto sofa and swigs brew>

Poor choc - I felt desperate for her on that thread - a toddler and a baby tests the patience of a saint.

I have a nearly 2.5 year old DS and a DD who will be 1 in a couple of weeks time. They are pretty good on the whole, but still - it is the unrelentingness of it that kills. All day, every day, they're with you, and even when they're in bed and you're in bed, you're still on duty. It is Hard Work.

I'm lucky in the DS is very good with DD - very gentle and no jealousy whatsoever - he's been so good, so I really have no clue what it's like trying to fire-fight on that front, day in, day out.

TheSecondComing Wed 20-Jul-11 00:55:07

LucyLastik Wed 20-Jul-11 01:01:28

I have 7 yo DD1, 3 yo DS and 1 yo DD2.

I'm tired, stressed and so know about that guilty feeling.

pigletmania Wed 20-Jul-11 02:58:55

I have a dd 4.5 with SN and pg with dc2, god she was hard work yesterday, though she is getting much better, at times I get so stressed out with it all. How will it be like with 2. Anyway dd will be at school most of the time anyway which will make things a bit easier, plus she will be that bit older. But yes I understand the OP from the other thread perfectly.

DoNotDisturb Wed 20-Jul-11 03:55:03

Me me (walks in bleary eyed and pulls up a chair). I have a nearly three year old DS and a two month old DD (hence the middle of the night posting).

The constant effort required to deal with/prevent a tantrum in DS combined with the constant breastfeeding and effort involved in getting DD to ruddy sleep (can someone explain to me why tired children don't just go to kip!?) is turning me into a fruit loop!!

What's this other thread you speak off? (runs off to find out the craic and feel part of the gang...)

Charleymouse Wed 20-Jul-11 04:05:04

Marking my place with a 6.8 yr dd, 4.3 yr DS and a 19'month dd. DS just had a bad dream and now it is dawnish. We will all be tired and grumpy now tomorrow. They tag team as well. It is getting easier though but not sure about the school holidays.

3rdtimesacharm Wed 20-Jul-11 04:22:20

Can I join in too please? Have dd1 who just turned 4, dd2 who is 22 months and ds who is 4 months and has chosen to be awake for the last hour. dd2 has never slept well so have basically had 2 years of no sleep and it is starting to take its toll. Patience is wearing thin and guilt is at an all time high. Why does being a Mum come with so much guilt? The kids are great most of the time but there are moments when I just want to scream. And I have amazing parents who live down the road and help out loads!

Donotdisturb - I have been struggling with ds for days now over daytime sleeps. He gets so tired and just screams but won't settle and when he finally goes off in the car or buggy he will wake as soon as I stop driving or pushing. Plus the little darling refuses to take a bottle of expressed milk. I want a small piece of my life back. Is this too much to ask? Will it ever happen?!

neepsntatties Wed 20-Jul-11 05:43:06

Me. Ds 3 and Dd 6 months. It's the endlessness of it all. Ds all day, Dd all night. The bloody washing. So tired. Badly want time for me then feel guilty for wanting time. Dh and I were planning on 3 but I've changed my mind. Love them but don't love the work.

TheOldestCat Wed 20-Jul-11 07:01:16

Can I join in? just read the other thread and it's given me a lot of food for thought.

Not sure if I count though as DD isn't a toddler ( she's 4) but I am finding life with her and her brother (17 months)...ermmmm....challenging at times.

Relentless is the word. Oh, and criminally overtired. I take my hat off to those of you with three and/or small age gaps.

niamh29 Wed 20-Jul-11 08:00:24

Oh oh me too, me too. I have 3 DD's, DD1: 5, DD2: 22 months, DD3: nearly 4 months. I love them all to bits but they drive me mad sometimes and the difference between 2 and 3 means that even a trip to the shops is a big deal, DD1 and DD3 are easy enough but add DD2 into the mix and you get a crazy house but on her own DD2 is a sweetheart. I always think it's funny cause as a first time mum you find 1 hard but when you have 2 having 1 is easy, now having 3 any combination of 2 is easy compared to having the three together all day. I'm loving that I now have somewhere to rant!

JumpJockey Wed 20-Jul-11 08:04:00

Me too... Dd1 is 2.7 and dd2 6 months. I managed 3.5 hours sleepnin a row for the first time since dd2 was born by decamping to the sofa. Am knackered and dd1 doing her best tongive meaning to the phrase Terrible Twos...

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 20-Jul-11 08:08:29

You people are terrifying me.

I mean, don't stop, it's all informative (I didn't believe people when they said an infant was hard work. Pah, I scoffed, they are clearly just not maternal enough. I'm trying to believe people this time around). It's just terrifying.

JetLi Wed 20-Jul-11 08:13:39

I'm in <<lands in thread via parachute made from unwashed bedding>>
DD1 just 2, DD2 is 5 months. DD2 is the demon child from hell difficult.

Frigg - walking at 10 months - you are doomed

Thanks for starting this TSC

Will make coffee & be back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now