Talk

Advanced search

Toddler and baby sharing a bedroom?

(3 Posts)
downpipe Sun 17-Jul-11 21:21:01

DS1 is 22 months in a cot in own room, DS2 is 4 months in a cot in our room.In 2 months I'll move DS2 out, question is, where to?I have enough rooms for separate bedrooms but this will mean one DS will be on a different floor to everyone else and will also mean moving furniture around, 2 baby alarms etc.I'd always planned on putting both boys in one room but now not so sure it's a good idea, especially as DS1 can be a bit rough and can see him doing something like dropping a train or car onto the baby

Octaviapink Tue 19-Jul-11 12:03:10

Why not leave DS2 in your room for a few more months so that perhaps when DS1 is 2 and a half or so he can have the bedroom on the other floor. A babygate across the stairs should be safe enough, as long as the bedroom doors are open and you can hear.

naturalbaby Tue 19-Jul-11 14:29:03

i put my older 2 together when they were 7months and 22months and it worked really well. ds1 helped ds2 to settle and slept through the crying when he woke up at night. i've just split them up and ds2 was heartbroken! i know have this issue with ds3 as he would move onto a different floor to us so am going to keep him in our room for a few more months then think again.

is your ds1 rough with the baby during the day? mine generally ignored ds2, stayed in his bed all night and occupied himself so i never even thought about him hurting ds2 at night time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now