Talk

Advanced search

Can mobile apps help parenting

(4 Posts)
dottydoo Sun 17-Jul-11 16:09:06

Does anyone bother with using mobile apps to help them - I've just seen Baby World app which times feeds and tells you which side you should be feeding on - does it work? I'm a new mum and I've also seen an app that calls you when baby wakes up? Which are the good ones or are they all a waste of time?

niamh29 Sun 17-Jul-11 20:43:26

We used a simple feed app that allowed us to see how much she was taking at what times, there are loads out there so go through them and find one that suits you, we used it for a little while when we were so exhausted that we couldn't remember when we last fed her, they can be useful but they won't suit everyone and I wouldn't rely on them.

Fuzzled Mon 18-Jul-11 17:15:13

We just used a pen and paper.
Apps (we looked at trial & free versions) were a bit hit and miss with what we wanted to record.
Also, it would have only been on my phone - an therefore not a great help to DH when I got to escape was out.

BertieBotts Mon 18-Jul-11 17:20:13

Timing feeds is generally a bad idea anyway. Watch your baby, not the clock smile Worrying about duration of feeds can lead to problems with breastfeeding.

The only thing I use mine for is that time between 3 and 4, if we happen to be walking home/on a bus and I'm trying desperately to keep DS awake so he will sleep later, I have downloaded a few games for him and they keep him sufficiently awake and interested until we get home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now