Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever judged pther poeple's parenting styles and been ever-so-slightly smug about your own, only to be taken down a peg or two...

(4 Posts)
TheBreastmilksOnMe Sun 17-Jul-11 14:36:08

..when your DC turns into the toddler from hell on holiday? I don't think I'll eer judge again after our last holiday as DS who is nearly 3yrs old moaned and whined the whole way through, threw very public tantrums at every mealtime, ate with his fingers and answered back when told off. It was so embarassing and I could feel the eyes of all the other parents on me judging away saying ' what an unruly child', 'those two have absoloutly no control over that brat'. Another child actually ame to stand by our table, pointed at DS and said 'Look, mum, a naughty boy, and he's eating with his fingers!' I said to him in a loud whisper 'and your nosey, mind your own business'.

I will never judge a 'naughty' child or their parents again. It was so embarassing. I'm also not taking the children with me next time we go away. And for anyone who does like to judge- my son is not naughty and we are not crap parents- we had just been travelling all day, we were tired and hungry. So there.

SixtyFootDoll Sun 17-Jul-11 14:39:57

My first son was the text book good baby and model toddler. I was so smug around less well behaved children , thinking if only other parents were as good as me they too would have the perfect child.

Then son 2 came along.......
I had to eat the biggest humble pie. He was a horror.

nojustificationneeded Sun 17-Jul-11 15:25:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

practicallyimperfect Sun 17-Jul-11 19:06:47

My ds is quite challenging, or just really a normal, very active toddler. It actually amuses me now to watch other parental tut and judge, mostly those with small babies.

I just smile and think "you wait..."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now