Talk

Advanced search

Help, My 10 month DS won't stop grinding his teeth

(5 Posts)
thedogwalker Sat 16-Jul-11 10:28:52

Hello
My 10 Month old DS has 6 teeth, 2 up top and 4 on the bottom and he has just started to grind them relentlessly. Has anyone got any tips on how to stop him as telling him NO obviously isn't working?

I really don't want him to damage his teeth and I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've tried giving him his teething rings, he doens't want them. I've tried feeding him his favourite snack, rice cakes, but he doesn't want to eat them, so now I'm struggling to keep him from doing it.

All suggestions most welcome.

Tee2072 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:50:30

According to my dentist there is nothing you can do about it. Except accept that he's going to do it and they are baby teeth and they won't be around forever.

He'll get bored with it eventually.

Grumpystiltskin Sat 16-Jul-11 13:51:47

He will grow out of it, it probably sounds awful (some people can hear their children from other rooms in the house) but it's very common with young children and will have no long term effect on him.

BeeMyBaby Sat 16-Jul-11 14:31:29

Is it possible he has the next two top teeth about to come through? I know that whenever DD is teething she grinds her teeth, I'm sure it doesn't help the teething but she does it anyway, as soon as she has stopped teething she stops grinding.

thedogwalker Sat 16-Jul-11 16:09:58

Could be just that Beemybaby as I think I can see the whites of 2 more top teeth about to come through.

As long as there is no lasting damage then I suppose I will just have to put up with the awful sound, until he hopefully gets bored of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now