Talk

Advanced search

Carseat group 1 - go for Maxi cosi again just because I already have the base?

(6 Posts)
Yika Fri 15-Jul-11 20:53:38

I'm looking into toddler car seats for my 9.5 month old to upgrade to in the next few months. I currently have a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix with the familyfix base and had been planning to stick to Maxicosi simply for that reason (thus probably get a Pearl).

Is the Pearl any good or would you have any other recommendations, or should I perhaps look at something completely different? (Rear facing for example?)

thisisyesterday Fri 15-Jul-11 20:54:50

i would recommend rear-facing simply because it's so much safer

where in the country are you? the in car safety centre in Milton Keynes has an incredible range of seats and are very knowledgeable. they went out of their way to help us when we chose our ERF seats

Yika Fri 15-Jul-11 21:58:29

Thanks, I live in Belgium but am staying in the Essex and Bristol areas over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the MK tip however, not too far from here actually!

monkoray Fri 15-Jul-11 22:32:08

I second thisisyesterday's advice. We have a rear-facing Maxicosi that we got imported from Sweden (it was cheaper than buying it from a UK retailer). Not only is it safer for the child in the event of an accident, it is also safer for the driver because you don;t get distracted by your DC because you can't see them. Some people don't like this aspect but i actually find it helps me concentrate on driving.

muslimah28 Sat 16-Jul-11 22:36:22

There's a rear facing expert place in Essex too, Romford I think? Just google rear facing seats. We were going to go for the mamas and papas seat for the same reason ie we had the base but then I researched rear facing after finding out about it on here and we paid the extra and got a recaro polaric. It's quite big but I feel safer that ds is safer.

Yika Sun 17-Jul-11 14:05:38

Thanks Muslimah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now