Talk

Advanced search

My boys are minging!

(8 Posts)
Pleb1969 Thu 14-Jul-11 22:33:46

I have 3 DS age 12, 9 and 8. I am at my wits end with them regarding basic hygiene issues (as in, that silver handle thing on the side of the toilet is a FLUSH! USE IT!!!!) A friend recently told me that when her kids kept forgetting to flush the toilet she threatened to plunge their hands into the (unflushed) toilet bowl next time it happened. A threat she carried out. Which believe me, it worked, but really not keen on this tactic. Any ideas???

BeerTricksPotter Fri 15-Jul-11 14:20:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pleb1969 Fri 15-Jul-11 14:29:52

Unfortunately they don't get pocket money, they never manage to complete a job enough to earn any! You gotta love em!

BeerTricksPotter Fri 15-Jul-11 14:32:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Fri 15-Jul-11 14:36:00

i would

1) put a sign up above the toilet reminding them to flush

2) if you hear them go then tell them to flush it

3) if they continue to not flush it then make them clean it

SarkySpanner Fri 15-Jul-11 14:43:58

I would give them pocket money.
Presumably You sometimes have to give them money?

My boys (younger than yours) get 50p per week plus extra for jobs. I deduct for truly awful behaviour.

The trouble with non-flushing is knowing who to blame...

UniS Fri 15-Jul-11 19:15:43

WOuld they police each other if bribed?

gitinora Sun 17-Jul-11 22:06:10

I had this problem with my ds, got so sick of it that i warned him that i was going to start calling him to come and flush the loo everytime i found it unflushed no matter where he was. ie out with friends, busy on playstation ect.
After 2 days of this he soon remembered to flush the loo everytime. Its a long walk back from his friends to flush the loo!grin

It would be more difficult with you having 3 but you need to find something that makes then see its just easier to flush in the first place.

A friend of mine got so sick of her dd doing this that her and her dh stopped flushing when they went to the loo, her dd was horified at what she was finding in the loo and when told thats what they had to see all the time she soon stopped leaving it unflushed. A bit extreme but it worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now