Talk

Advanced search

What can I buy my 4yo DS for his birthday?

(5 Posts)
PassTheTwiglets Thu 14-Jul-11 18:14:19

What classic toys are there for boys of this age, that are likely to get play value? Playmobil? Lego? We have a few bits of 'normal' Lego but none of the kits - are they any good or are they a bit dull once you've built the model? (and are the kits too tricky for 4yo's to do by themselves anwyay?) Or I thought some car track stuff would go down well - the sort of thing where a car loops the loop around a track.. what are some good makes? Any sets where yo ucan add bits on would be great, as other family members will want to know what to buy him.

TIA!

swash Thu 14-Jul-11 19:10:22

Garage? Castle with knights? Pirate ship (Playmobil one is fab)? Aeroplane (also a good Playmobil one)? Outdoor toy such as a trampoline? Scooter? Balance bike? Brio or equivalent railway track - with some Thomas engines?

fatandknackered Thu 14-Jul-11 19:13:25

We have a great "Roary" race track (from Argos I think) - both DS1 and DS2 still love it. Also you get good Lego sets - a big box with lots of eg cars/trucks to make - gain both my DSs love it.

swash Thu 14-Jul-11 19:16:31

Yes, a remote-controlled car is also v v good for four-year-olds.

PassTheTwiglets Thu 14-Jul-11 20:24:23

Thanks, will look at those suggestions. So ar the Lego kits easy for a 4yo to do by themselves?e

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now