Talk

Advanced search

6 month old makes weird noises

(9 Posts)
VegasBride Wed 13-Jul-11 17:25:58

my 6 month old makes constant ahhhh noises all the time very loudly, sometimes it looks like he is distressed and other times he laughs after, are these noises normal??????, don't think its constipation as he goes regular

Fuzzled Wed 13-Jul-11 17:36:39

New sound that makes his mouth feel nice grin
Next you'll get daaah, gaaah etc
Enjoy it! grin

VegasBride Wed 13-Jul-11 17:40:11

god do you think thats all it is, i sure hope so just sounds like pain sometimes

Fuzzled Wed 13-Jul-11 17:43:36

DS did this all the time at 6mo.
Sometimes it did seem like he was upset, but other times he was giggling too.
I think you just have to go on instinct and what you think - mine still uses the same sound for milk, sleep and food! confused

pointythings Wed 13-Jul-11 20:39:53

DD1 growled at that age. She sounded like a large dog. The nursery where she was then, was next to a kennels and the first time she did it, the nursery staff went into a mad panic, thinking one of the dogs had escaped and got in.

We all got used to it, and she stopped by about 8 months and moved on to more sensible sounds (like Bobobobobobob to everyone, whether or not they were called Bob).

Timeoutofmind Wed 13-Jul-11 21:00:24

My DD screeches really really loud. I think at this age they are just experimenting with their voices, but it can be embarrassing when we're out!

dribbleface Wed 13-Jul-11 21:01:27

yep he is finding his voice! Wait for a pause and then chat back 'really then what happened?'

bigkidsmademe Thu 14-Jul-11 10:09:11

My six month old sounds like a pterodactyl

Pussinglads Thu 14-Jul-11 13:57:34

My DD (5mths) loves that high screech scream. The neighbours must think she's being tortured. Today she did it from 5am for half an hour, then had a session of growling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now