Talk

Advanced search

Driving children on a nursery trip.

(6 Posts)
moomoo1 Wed 13-Jul-11 08:53:47

Not posted before but I would appreciate your opinion (not good at all the abbreviations so you will have to excuse me)
My son is going on a nursery trip locally, he is 3. The nursery have asked if any parents could drive taking other children with them and an additional adult. They said some children may not be able to go if other parents can't drive, so whilst I don't want a child to miss out equally I am unsure whether I should drive others children as I wouldn't be happy for my son to go in parents car I didn't know. I would be quite happy for them to go on a coach and pay for this. The other parent will give permission for me to drive them. Does anyone know where I would stand legally with this, would I be covered with a general car insurance? Thanks

cjbartlett Wed 13-Jul-11 08:56:19

Sounds fine to me

Once your child goes to school you'll be bringing other kids home to play, helping out with lifts to activities etc so it's all the same thing

RitaMorgan Wed 13-Jul-11 08:57:43

Will you have enough car seats? If so and the other parent is ok with it then I don't see a problem.

moomoo1 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:05:30

I just wondered legally if it is the same thing as taking friends home from school as it is a nursery outing. All this health and safety stuff you just never know! Ok maybe I am just being neurotic parent!

cat64 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:26:00

Message withdrawn

UniS Wed 13-Jul-11 21:57:10

A lot of cars all you would be able to take is one extra car seat plus an adult in teh front. I'm assuming the child in the back would be the child of the adult in the front....

SO- you are either happy to have passengers or not. if not do not offer to take passengers. Do you NEVER give a friend a ride anywhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now