Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody used a Close Baby Carrier?

(13 Posts)
happytree Sun 10-Jul-11 17:28:59

and if so what are they like? I'm thinking of getting one for carrying around DC2

yawningbear Sun 10-Jul-11 17:41:12

I used one for the first few weeks with DD, it was a lifesaver as she had colic and she loved being snuggled up to me, it felt very comforting to us both I think. However, sadly DS has not taken to it. I also don't think I used it much past 3-4 months. I ended up with an Ergo which I used from 6 months-15 months with DD, it was brilliant, again she loved it and it had more support for me so much easier to carry her for any length of time. However again, DS has not taken it at all. Might be good to see if you could try it out first. WOuld def recommend it for first few weeks/months but if you want something to use longer term something with more support for your back might be good. I just posted in the slings/carriers section for the first time the other day, you might get more folk there with advice. HTH.

Iggly Sun 10-Jul-11 18:45:45

Yes we have one. ds was happy with it when I was using it but not when DH carried him in it hmm

I found it better for around the house - when out it just felt a bit awkward with all the fabric.

A friend of mine had the ergo and loves it - I'm eyeing up one for dc2!

AKMD Sun 10-Jul-11 20:38:49

I have one. It was great when DS was little - you can BF wearing it quite discreetly if that's your thing. It stopped begging useful when DS was about 10 months old and got too heavy for it to feel comfortable and secure.

AKMD Sun 10-Jul-11 20:39:17

Stupid iPad. Being not begging!

porcupine11 Sun 10-Jul-11 20:43:44

What yawningbear said - could not have survived without it for first four months. After that it was in storage for number 3!

Octaviapink Sun 10-Jul-11 20:52:48

It was great for the first couple of months, though there were a couple of moments when it felt like DS was going to pop out of it (probably my fault for not wearing the wrap-around bit). Because it's stretchy, though, when they start to get heavy it gets really quite baggy and they start to droop in an uncomfortable position. I switched to a wrap sling after that, but DS did live in it for the first month or two.

sdotg Sun 10-Jul-11 21:04:22

I was lent one for DS; a colicky, refluxy, non sleeping premie.
It. Changed. My. Life.
He pretty much lived in it and I was very sad when he out grew it.
Do it!

Mondaybaby Tue 12-Jul-11 09:09:20

I have the KariMe and Close. I think the KariMe is a million times better than the Close and now never use the Close. My dd is 10 months old and she still loves the KariMe and feels secure in it wheras the Close feels like she is going to fall out and isn't as comfortable. Wrapping the KariMe is extreemly easy too but I always get in a tangle with the rings on the Close.

AngelDog Sat 16-Jul-11 23:36:07

Yes, it was great (DS only napped in it for a couple of months) but it was too hot for summer, and DS (98th centile weight) was too heavy by 5 months. I moved onto a Solarweave Connecta which was great and much better for warm weather.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Jul-11 10:35:16

Got one for DC2 and loved it. She would sleep in it whilst out and about with DC1 and me or just whilst I was cooking the tea. Really wish I'd had one with DC1. Think they have a good resale value on ebay too.

mostlymay Sun 17-Jul-11 21:30:45

I have one and love it. I used it with DD1 until she was one and am using it now with DS1 on a daily basis and he's ten months old.
It's really simple once you get used to it and washes in machine brilliantly. I love it and would def recommend it :-)

babymutha Sun 17-Jul-11 23:54:36

had one, loved it, got a sling addiction for a baby who would not be put down or sleep. Ever.
Good god I'm glad she's 3 now.
Try your local Slingmeet for their sling library and try before you buy.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now