Talk

Advanced search

3yo party organising virgin- please help!

(4 Posts)
jocesar Sun 10-Jul-11 15:17:08

I have to throw a 3yo's birthday party next saturday and am really stressed about it as I'm not very sociable and am rubbish at such things! I think if the weather is ok we may be fine- how does this sound... 7 x 3yolds and their parents, 11-1pm, start with balloons and bubble machine in the garden, have lots of toys, balls, trampolines around and let free play, ply parents with alcohol, treasure hunt ( any tips of how to do a treasure hunt? will 3 year olds get it?), food on a rug in the garden then cake, finish off with pass the parcel. What do you think?
BUT if it's raining I haven't got a clue what to do- any suggestions?

appplepie Sun 10-Jul-11 17:22:32

Sounds really lovely!

Our DD was three last year. She rememebers most fondly:

That it was her party and she was the birthday girl
that she had a cake and blew out the candles
She chose her favouortie food to have and
Balloons!

If its rainy the kids will play, enjoy eating toether etc.
Have a lvoely time!

swash Sun 10-Jul-11 17:48:24

Sounds lovely. If it is raining, do very simple games like musical bumps (sit down when music starts) and musical statues (stand still). Give a tiny prize to each child as you eliminate them, and no need to have a bigger prize for the winner (though you can if you like). Pass the parcel is also great. Treasure hunt sounds lovely - I do a mini-egg hunt. They just have to go and find them - works every time and fine to do indoors as well as outdoors. No need to be clever about hiding the eggs, and have a few spares to dole out to the ones who don't find any!

Party games are brilliant for small kids because it forces you to gather them in one place. They then realise how much more they want to play in the dc's room with their toys and run off as soon as they can. Job done!

Put a blanket on the floor and have an indoor picnic for the tea.

Gastonladybird Sun 10-Jul-11 18:18:28

Sounds great- very Like my dd party. Only thing is short and sweet best for party games as they don't have much attention span and prefer to go off and do their own thing .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now