Talk

Advanced search

Can I feed homemade yoghurt to my 7-month old?

(7 Posts)
NashBridges Sat 09-Jul-11 21:08:54

Is it safe? I'm going to sample it first to make sure I've done it right (it's the first batch I'll have made) but I'd like to know whether other mums have fed it to their littlies without any bother.

I'll be making it with whole milk, of course. I'm going to use sterilised jars to store it in, too.

thisisyesterday Sat 09-Jul-11 21:10:30

yes of course, it'll be fine smile

hope it turns out well

NashBridges Sat 09-Jul-11 21:19:05

Brilliant - I just thought I'd double-check that his digestive system could cope with something made in a domestic environment. Thanks for this.

Iggly Sat 09-Jul-11 21:34:31

Has he had yoghurt before? Some babies might get a bit of an upset tummy from yoghurt - but it'll be a dairy thing as they might not be used to it (in case you think it's your yoghurt!)

NashBridges Sat 09-Jul-11 22:09:36

Yes, he's had it before, and loves it. The shop only had Rachel's coconut bio-live today, and it's got sugar in it (just a wee bit, but still...) so I decided to use it as a starter to make my own yoghurt for the little chap.

Octaviapink Sun 10-Jul-11 08:26:44

Should be fine.

Iggly Sun 10-Jul-11 09:41:03

How to you make it BTW? have fancied trying with coconut milk for DS (dairy intolerant)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now