Talk

Advanced search

Cath Kids traditional tin lunch boxes for school - any reviews?

(3 Posts)
plinkduet Fri 08-Jul-11 21:59:55

I love those traditional looking, cute tin lunchboxes from Cath Kidston and seeing as I have to get a lunchbox for when my daughter starts school this september I'm tempted, but how practical are they, does anyone have experience of them? ..

Does the catch open easy enough for a 4 year old?
Can they store enough lunch?
And lastly, is my daughter going to look like a spoilt or pretentious child if she doesn't have a plastic Hello Kitty or Ben 10 lunchbox like everyone else??
I'd also like to get a cath drawstring bag for her PE kit but that might be going over the top! What can I say, I'm a floral freak :D

sad

plinkduet Fri 08-Jul-11 22:00:54

Where'd that sad smiley come from?? !! He's not meant to be there!

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Fri 08-Jul-11 22:16:01

Don't have a Cath K. tin lunchbox but DS1 does have a Gruffalo tin lunchbox.
The catch looks similar it is easy for a 4 year old to open but not so easy to get the box shut once it has been dropped, kicked and stood on a few times.
It looks gorgeous but I'll be honest not for every day use as it dents and goes mishapen pretty easily and it is never particlarly abused just nowhere near as hard wearing as plastic or a cool bag type one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now