Talk

Advanced search

To Rock or not to Rock??

(6 Posts)
AbsoFrickinLutely Fri 08-Jul-11 14:46:49

Hi, new to the site so sorry if I get anything wrong.

I have a Daughter who is 9 weeks old and won't sleep during the day without being constantly rocked/cuddled/pushed(in pram)/etc etc. Unsure if to let this carry on and deal with when she's a couple of months older or to nip in the bud now. Also have an older son and can't for the life of me remember what we used to do with him. However, he does and always has slept like an angel, so would be helpful if I could remember!

She screams like a banshee and has a bloody awful temper too!

smile

Iggly Fri 08-Jul-11 21:07:16

Rock.

She's tiny! You can undo this later or gradually stop - we rocked DS for months but don't anymore at 22 months so you def won't be doing it when she's a teenager wink

It's more important she gets sleep. It might be worth trying to catch her a bit earlier for sleep and it could be easier.

MadEyeMoodTEE2072 Fri 08-Jul-11 21:24:30

Rock her! Hold her! Snuggle her!

olibeansmummy Sat 09-Jul-11 08:52:55

Rock, but try to stop in a few months or you'll end up like me having to rock a super strong 2.1 year old!

Octaviapink Sat 09-Jul-11 14:00:12

Rock, swing, sway - whatever movement she likes! If all else fails, get a Nature's Nest and bounce her (I swear by ours - it's seen both of mine through their rock-to-sleep phases). Don't worry about setting up habits - she's too little to form them. A sling is good too and it really doesn't matter if she sleeps in that not in a cot. DS spent his first three months in a sling.

UnauthorisedJam Sat 09-Jul-11 14:02:53

Rock!

It won't be for long (even if you end up doing it for months) out of yours or your DS's life.

I rocked both mine and they ended up great sleepers on their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now