Talk

Advanced search

Co-sleeping question

(4 Posts)
Octoberduedate Wed 06-Jul-11 12:41:27

I've co-slept with my baby since he was born. He's now 9 months and feeds every 2.5 hours. I'm going back to work part-time in a couple of months and not sure if I can carry on with this broken sleep. I'm also worried about how he's goes down for his naps in the day - it's usually on me, on the boob or being rocked in his pushchair. Does anyone have any advice on how to manage this in the next few weeks to get his sleeping habits better. Is there a way to do it without using the cry it out method?

MrsHoolie Wed 06-Jul-11 13:11:31

Some people recommend the No Cry Sleep Solution book which has lots of tips.
The key to good sleep is the child not relying on something to get to sleep and being able to settle themselves.easier said than done of course!

MockingbirdsNotForSale Wed 06-Jul-11 14:07:17

I shall watch this with interest as I am the same re naps. I think the no cry sleep solution is great and its worked for our night times, but the no cry nap solution has done nothing for us and DD still nurses to nap. Its driving me a little potty as I can get nothing done!

Zimbah Fri 08-Jul-11 22:50:38

I had the same problem, I used a combination of No Cry Sleep Solution and the Jay Gordon method (google it) and it worked brilliantly without too much crying, took about a month and she was sleeping from 11-4 without waking and then gradually woke up later and later for the early feed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now