Talk

Advanced search

Newborn days: what couldn't you have lived without?

(3 Posts)
ShushBaby Tue 05-Jul-11 13:57:00

My friend is pregnant and I want to put together a care package for after the baby is born, to make that chaotic newborn bit more comfortable. Problem is, it's all such a haze for me now (dd is only 17mo but somehow I still can't remember a lot of it!), that I'm struggling to think of things to go in it!

A thermos mug is a definite. Mine was amazing, as the cold cups of tea would push me over the edge at times!

Any other thoughts? Things that help make night feeds/endless breastfeeding/tiredness nicer?

Thanks in advance.

Thefoxsbrush Tue 05-Jul-11 14:48:54

Homemade cakes to give to visitors, a nice comfy dressing gown and slippers, a large bar of chocolate to put in her fridge, local takeaway menu and vouchers, shhh baby sleeping sign, lots of muslin clothes for baby, a nice face moisturiser, lip balm, hand cream and mascara xx

FairyArmadillo Tue 05-Jul-11 14:52:02

Nice ready meals. My first thought was- a television. But I see you're talking about gifts for a friend, so unless you're incredibly generous, some DVDs that you're sure she'll like? When my newborn slept I was often too tired to do anything else but collapse watch TV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now