Talk

Advanced search

14 month old with attention span of one second, running around like a crazy thing!

(8 Posts)
TheCountessOlenska Tue 05-Jul-11 08:13:34

Is this just a phase? I have to take her to toddler groups nearly everyday for my own sanity, once there she runs around like a loon, climbs on any chair, table, window sill she can see. She won't play nicely with toys for more than about a second. She won't sit for singing time.

Is this normal for her age? Other toddlers we meet are slightly older.

bruxeur Tue 05-Jul-11 08:20:25

Normal toddler.

mamalovebird Tue 05-Jul-11 08:24:51

sounds about right. My ds is 18 months and his has increased to about 5-10 mins - unless it's Postman Pat or Octonauts then he'll go for the whole episode. Apart from that he continues his quest to give himself permanent brain damage!

TheSugarPlumFairy Tue 05-Jul-11 09:21:20

DD is 14 months also and does this. She is like a box of budgies some days.

TheCountessOlenska Tue 05-Jul-11 10:32:51

So there's no magic pill then? Damn grin

Oh well, good to know she's normal!

Tigresswoods Tue 05-Jul-11 13:55:34

Yep sounds like DS at that age. Now 16 months and slightly better but still won't sit on my knee for 6 pages of a book!wink

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Tue 05-Jul-11 15:13:21

my ds is like this. Much more so than other babies at the groups we attend,who are a mix of ages. It's become a standing joke. I have asked parents of older dc's when theirs out grew this "phase", one laughed and said "that's his personality!" So i guess like most things there is a spectrum of normal behaviour, and our lo's just happen to be right at the furthest end of it!

Mind you i'd rather that than a glum, shy baby! grin

monkoray Tue 05-Jul-11 21:05:02

Totally normal. They're hard work aren't they, (and a bit embarrassing when they are the only one climbing the walls) but couldn't agree more with moonface - way more fun than a docile baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now