Talk

Advanced search

customized baby gifts???

(6 Posts)
Louloustn Mon 04-Jul-11 19:21:22

Can anyone suggest any ideas for customized baby items to give as a gift for a newborn? Im looking for a personalised gift for my nephew. Someone suggested an engraved, silver ornament, but silver is so expensive these days. Plus I want to give something practical he can use. Help please!!!

mad4mainecoons Tue 05-Jul-11 18:21:20

when my DD was born a freind gave me a handmade felt wall hanging of her name to hang over her bed. it was so special and so personal that i treasured it over all the other (often much more expensive) gifts we were given.

so when my friend had a baby i made her dd a fabric rabbit and a matching comfort blanket, baby's initials were sewn into the comfort blanket. i had real pride in giving it to her knowing i had made it. and my freind (and more importantly her dd) seem to like it.

just a thought

BlueChampagne Wed 06-Jul-11 14:03:13

Found this the other day www.alphabetgifts.co.uk/ should be something to suit all budgets. Planning to use for my god-daughter.

mungojerrie Wed 06-Jul-11 21:02:33

There is a lovely website called not on the high street which does some beautiful personalised gifts.

lurcherlover Wed 06-Jul-11 22:08:55

I have a gorgeous personalised taggy blanket which a friend got me from ebay. There are loads of sellers if you do a search - mine was eleanor's boutique or something similar. It's lovely and DS loves cuddling it.

FessaEst Wed 06-Jul-11 22:12:46

I second Ebay, loads of personalised gifts available there. I love the personalised comforters DD was given, as her name has a less usual spelling. I have bought taggies and blankets for friends in the past, and been pleased with the speed and quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now