Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a phil & teds explorer?

(4 Posts)
ripdobby Sun 03-Jul-11 23:35:37

Hi,

Have kind of decided on a phil and teds with new baby coming, main reasons are DS has GDD, is very heavy and seems to be the only buggy capable of holding his weight!

Couple of questions, would you think this would fit in a corsa?
and does anyone bother getting the car seat attachment, as this seems to be very expensive on top of an already expensive pushchair. Its seem a lot of hassle to attach and we already have a car seat from the travel system we had with DS first time round.

Any advice appreciated x

TheSugarPlumFairy Tue 05-Jul-11 09:26:03

you might be better off posting this in the pushchair section for more replies.

i have a P&T sport (the model which predated the explorer) and it goes in the back of my volvo V70 estate lengthways but only just. I managed to get it into the back of a friends Nissan Micra once but i practically had to dismantle it to do it and it was a pain in the backside to then put it back together. Also, nothing else could go in the boot. not even the changing bag.

i imagine a corsa is probably a little bit bigger that a micra but i think you would still have to take the wheels off.

waytoomuchchocolate Tue 05-Jul-11 10:02:51

I can get mine in the back of my polo but only with the wheels off. Which isnt as tricky as it sounds, but i rarely have to put it in he car, so i guess it depends if you will have to do it regularly? No idea what size polo is to a corsa, sorry! I didn't get the car seat attachment, and I haven't missed it. Good luck!

Octaviapink Tue 05-Jul-11 11:50:25

I've got a Joovy. Might be a better option if your son's very heavy as the Joovy puts the older child at the back, facing you, so much easier to push and maneouvre. Have a look at the reviews section. Also it's useable from birth because it comes with a carseat attachment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now