Talk

Advanced search

In Laws

(3 Posts)
Stre55ed Sun 03-Jul-11 20:44:48

In Laws show us very little interest (too busy no doubt with their other grandchildren from favoured son)

We saw them just over a year ago, then a year before that, then two years before that (and our kids were the "desperately longed for first granchildren"!!)

They see their other grandchildren 6 or 7 times a week - which doesn't leave much time for ours smile well I guess its hard when we're two hours drive away - whereas other son is 2 mins drive away? I've lost count at the number of "we'll have to find a better route to yours" - which was originally suggested 6/7 years ago - guess they are still looking?

We have to see them this summer at a family get-together... they will tell everyone how wonderful our children are - I'll get riled as they don't even KNOW our children (they don't even phone on birthdays / Christmas - we do that) - and keep counting to 10 while my blood is boiling.

I cannot understand how DH parents can treat their two sons (and obviously now the two sets of grandchildren) so differently... especially as DH is quite poorly a lot of the time. Any tips for how to get through the day without blood pressure going through the roof?

faintpositive Sun 03-Jul-11 20:50:11

Dont go, seriously, if you can get out of going then do so.

Its the only way that i keep it together is to avoid them. I have a similar problem.
Works for me.

Stre55ed Sun 03-Jul-11 21:17:31

Nice to know I'm not the only one smile Added problem in that last time we saw them I couldn't even get a word out - I became mute - not out of choice - I couldn't put words together in front of them (no other people have undermined my self-confidence before - I go to jelly in their company). No doubt they now think I'm incredibly rude.

Must go to the gathering - its a very special event - and I'm not going to miss it because of them.

Will cringe when MIL finishes by saying to the kids "we'll see you soon" - and I'll be thinking "who are you kidding"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now