Talk

Advanced search

6.5 mo crying but not waking during night - teething or food?

(8 Posts)
Limy Fri 01-Jul-11 11:16:28

Hi my DD has started crying every hour (every half hour last night) but not waking up during the night. We just have to go in and put her dummy back in and this stops her crying. I thought it was because she is teething but have tried giving her Calpol a few times now and it does not seem to help. The only other thing I can think of is I have changed her Formula to a follow on formula this week and I am wondering if this could be upsetting her system a little bit (nappies are fine though). I have spoken to the HV today but they didn't seem to know what the problem could be. Any ideas? Thanks Limy

TittyBojangles Fri 01-Jul-11 11:24:39

No help really other than to say that my DS started doing this at about 5 months. It lasted for a couple of weeks. No real idea what it was, though a couple of teeth appeared in the weeks after so could have been that. Calpol never helped so I didn't give it.

He also has a dummy (so could be that, though sometimes would be crying, and asleep with his dummy still in so not sure). Pretty sure it was nothing to do with hunger/change of diet in DS as bf and it made no difference if I fed him more during the night when he started doing it.

For no particular reason I sort of feel it was developmental as it seemed to coincide with him learning to roll properly and would often start crying when he'd rolled onto his front, though not awake iyswim. Anyway, this rambling is no help at all, but it did pass. How's the room temp? Could she be cold? Just trying to offer something remotely helpful in this post! grin

TittyBojangles Fri 01-Jul-11 11:25:33

Oh, could you go back to her old milk to see if that changes things? follow on milk is not nec, although I know it is supposed to be cheaper.

Limy Fri 01-Jul-11 11:36:10

Thanks for your post, very strange how you mention rolling over DD has just started to do that this week so maybe it is a developmental thing. The milk is the same price (C&G) we moved to it for the vitamins etc but speaking to the HV today they have said as long as she is having 600 ml or 20 oz each day that will cover any vitamins she needs on the original milk so I have been to the supermaket and got a tub of her old milk see if that makes a difference! Poor love I just don't want her being in pain.

meltedchocolate Fri 01-Jul-11 12:10:13

It could well be the teething. My DS, only 2, sometimes cries, laughs and talks in his sleep without waking. I feel sorry for his future OH already grin He started this around 1 yo I think. It probably is teeth or something similar though you never know smile

TittyBojangles Fri 01-Jul-11 15:19:30

I think the followon milk thing is just to get round the advertising laws, there is no extra benefits to it, and so you are fine to stick with the first milk (at least it would get rid of one variable for you). I was under the impression it was cheaper as I thought they could do special offers etc that they can't do on first milk, but this is only info I have picked up via MN osmosis!

I hope you find a solution, and if not then it will pass on it's own I am sure. Good luck.

IdDoAndyMurrayInAHurry Sat 02-Jul-11 00:22:00

My ds is 7months but around 3 weeks ago, started doing this. Initially it was every half hour/45 mins. Now it is once or twice a night. Think just a developmental thing.

Limy Sat 02-Jul-11 08:00:07

Thanks for all of the posts - had a better night last night only got me up once and was awake early this morning but managed to get a good few hours sleep. Changed her milk yesterday so hopefully this had solved the issue. (smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now