Talk

Advanced search

So.... We have a big corner bathtub... Can I bath my 7 month old safely in it?

(11 Posts)
Udderly Fri 01-Jul-11 09:03:42

It was a great idea at the time, not so clever now! I normallt bath her in her little bathtub placed inside it, byt her little legs are nearly dangling out so its time to move on. I'm a little nervous about the safety aspect of it. Anyone else have this problem?

stealthsquiggle Fri 01-Jul-11 09:06:38

If you are nervous, maybe get one of those bath seats (like this) to avoid slippery baby getting away from you?

iskra Fri 01-Jul-11 09:11:09

Get in with her. DD has her bath with DP while I mn tidy up.

Udderly Fri 01-Jul-11 09:16:20

That seat looks interesting!! I do have her in the bath with me when I do have a chance to actually have one and she loves it, but its such a faff to fill it etc that its a rare treat!

CMOTdibbler Fri 01-Jul-11 09:17:50

Why not have a bath with her ? Its much nicer than kneeling by the bath

mumatron Fri 01-Jul-11 09:19:06

Get in with her.

I bathe my 5 month old dd in the big bath with no problems. She sits unaided and we have a non slip mat.(Mothercare one, can't link on phone)

yoshiLunk Fri 01-Jul-11 09:25:14

We used a bath seat for DS when he'd outgrown the baby bath as he took ages to sit up reliably. Try to get one with the front opening though as it's tricky getting the baby in and even more so out when he's all wet and slippery!

MollysChamber Fri 01-Jul-11 09:31:20

If she's sitting up just get a non-slip mat (or two if the bath is very big).

BertieBotts Fri 01-Jul-11 09:34:27

Daddy-baby bathtime is great, if he's home from work in time. If you have a shower over the bath you can fill it in half the time! You don't have to do a bath every night, remember.

PurpleCrazyHorse Fri 01-Jul-11 20:11:52

We used a bath seat with DD as I was a bit nervous about bathing her. Once she was reliably sitting up we ditched it. Look on eBay, freecycle or gumtree to get a cheap/free one, then if you only use it for a bit it doesn't matter.

mollythetortoise Fri 01-Jul-11 20:22:36

i second the bath seat, used it with dc2 from about 2 months so i could bath both dc together. was great and really saved my back - obviously have to stay in bathroom at all times incase baby slips out - never happened to me but obviously could. baby can kick freely and seemed to enjoy it alot - used it until they could sit up reliably, can't remember how old they were, prob less than 1 year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now