Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

shouty mum

(4 Posts)
yogabonkers Thu 30-Jun-11 20:46:25

i find i'm never done shouting at my kids.

i hate it. i feel terrible and they must think i'm a terrible mum.

they are 7 and 3 and are always fighting and arguing with each other, and winding each other up.

i tell them to do something and they dont do it, and i end up shouting to make them listen.

how can i stop shouting so much?

any thoughts?

monkoray Thu 30-Jun-11 20:55:10

I don't have older kids so don't have any experience but have you read "how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk". I just read it and its really helpful.

yogabonkers Thu 30-Jun-11 21:05:58

thanks monkoray. i have just looked at it on amazon and it got loads of good review so i have ordered a copy. i hope it will be helpful.

moaningmama Thu 30-Jun-11 21:36:52

I know exactly how you feel. My kids are boys aged 5 and 8 and they argue/fight constantly. It drives me insane and instead of dealing with it in a calm manner in order to try and diffuse the situation, like you I end up just yelling!

If it's any consolation, I read an article in the Times recently that said that sibling rivalry was essential for learning how to resolve conflict in later life!! So, I think it's natural and many parents go through it, but still doesn't make it a very pleasant experience.

Do you have two boys as I've heard this is worse than two girls or one of each?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now