Talk

Advanced search

Parenting fail of the day

(6 Posts)
sofamiliar Mon 27-Jun-11 09:17:10

Yesterday, I had grand plans for today. We were going to go to the park, feed ducks, go to the sensory room at the children's centre, set up the baby gate, and do laundry.

Last night, my nearly-10 month old decided to wake up a trillion times after doing great with sleep for MONTHS, and because it's so bright so early, he decided four am was the perfect time to wake me up, and then HE fell asleep, but I couldn't, and now we're both cranky and tired but he won't sleep, and we're parked in front of the tv, not even watching children's programming, but the US Office.

I am just so tired. And DS is angry that the gate's up, so he's just flung himself on the ground by it to scream and flail.

GreenTeapot Mon 27-Jun-11 09:19:03

Get bread. Go to ducks. Come home. Sleep. smile

Playdohinthewashingmachine Mon 27-Jun-11 09:23:01

Aww. That's not a Fail. That's giving your ds a Learning Experience.

Get out of the house. Forget the laundry!

Octaviapink Mon 27-Jun-11 13:45:22

Give DS the laundry to roll around on (sensory experience), turn the bread for the ducks into bread pudding (cookery) and play caged monkeys with the babygate (imaginary play). Parenting Win!!

LaTourEiffel Tue 28-Jun-11 23:51:14

My parenting fail of the day is monumental.

I forgot about the school sports day.

It doesn't make it any better that he's only in the nursery..it read his first ever one and he cried.

I am so disappointed with myself. I can make excuses about working full time and about dh being away, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

sad

Tuppenyrice Tue 28-Jun-11 23:55:18

Re: sports day. He won't remember this so don't beat yourself up. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now