Talk

Advanced search

How do you get dc2 down for a nap while dc1 is being a typical toddler?

(3 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Thu 23-Jun-11 09:28:42

dd is 9 weeks.
Ds is 2.

When he's at nursery I can get her down for a nap quite easily and she sleeps for a good while and is generally easier to handle.

If I have them both at home I find it almost impossible to put her down for a nap. She will fall asleep on me but if I try to put her down she wake up within 5 mins. She doesn't cry but wriggles and grunts.

Do I leave her to put herself to sleep at this point?

She's so much harder to handle when she's not had a proper sleep!

Talk me through it please! smile

throckenholt Thu 23-Jun-11 09:32:02

I would try putting her down to sleep on her own (just do it before she is overtired). And at the same time snuggle down on your bed with the toddler - you might all get a nap smile

Gilberte Thu 23-Jun-11 10:45:43

I put DD2 in a moby sling for all her naps. As a newborn she would sleep through any amount of noise for 2-3 hrs hours at a time.

It's harder now she is 6 months but she will go off for 40mins to an hour and when I'm at home with both I just keep putting her in the sling every couple of hours or at the first sleepy sign.She usually looks around for a bit then goes off. If I leave it too late it's much harder.
As long as she has several short naps, she can just about make it through the day until bedtime this way without getting too grizzly.

On nursery days(DD1 is 3) it is much easier as you say. I make sure DD2 has a good long nap in the morning, she can then survive on short naps for the rest of the day(again in the sling).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now