Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Tantrums - remaining sane??

(4 Posts)
greenshoot19 Tue 21-Jun-11 17:44:41

Anyone got any good tips for how to remain sane when a tantrum strikes??

trixie123 Tue 21-Jun-11 18:33:18

we are just entering tantrum-land with DS (22m). So far it mostly happens at home which helps. Its REALLY hard but we just try to completely ignore it, put some of his favourite things nearby and hope he gets distracted. If it goes on too long I will go and try and sing some songs with him - I think they get so worked up they don't know how to stop and you have to help them. We also try to think ahead and pre-empt things so he doesn't kick off. eg he grabs the remote because he knows that's how Peppa Pig goes on, and screams if we take it off him. so we try to keep them up out of sight and reach. Check in occasionally, we can give each other wine!

greenshoot19 Tue 21-Jun-11 18:56:57

Thanks trixie, good advice! My dd is only 1 but i'm already surprised at how stroppy she is when she doesn't get her own way! how can something so small be so determined and opinionated?? lol.

Lovemy2babies Tue 21-Jun-11 19:23:32

Walk away...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: