Talk

Advanced search

When should i give dd a cup?

(4 Posts)
WhoahThere Tue 21-Jun-11 07:31:42

DD is 5.5mo and very interested in food.... I'm not going to wean her until she's 6mo as we're going on hols next week so it makes more sense to wait 'til we're back, but can I give her one of those cups with a spout? (water only obviously) I'm hoping it might stop her grabbing for my cup of tea!

SleepySuzy Tue 21-Jun-11 07:34:16

Yes. It will probably take her a while to get the hang of it but one of those free flowing ones us best. Mine has one of the cheap tommee tippee ones with the spout with a hinge.

4madboys Tue 21-Jun-11 07:45:48

yep same as suzy, my dd is 6mths and we just started weaning and she has a tommee tippe one, she sometimes manages to suck and have a drink, it is free flow so even if she doesnt suck some drips into her mouth to let her get the idea of it, just water obviously....hasnt stopped her trying to grab my cups of tea tho, whatever mummy has is more interesting! grin

SleepySuzy Tue 21-Jun-11 10:07:32

True. DD grabs at everything. We have already had a cuppa on the floor. Luckily the cup bounced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now