Talk

Advanced search

question re vests (boring sorry! :o) )

(11 Posts)
MrsMc82 Wed 15-Jun-11 09:18:50

have a feeling that i might be a bit neurotic (pfb!!!) about my 16mo always wearing a vest... as in the ones with poppers underneath..... he's old enough now to wear a tshirt with no body suit on underneather isnt he??......... and to be fair at this time of year he'd prob be too hot so i usually end up putting him in just a short sleeved vest with shorts or jeans on plus a cardi or whatever..... consequently he never wears any of the shirts or tshirts ive got him cos i think he'll be too hot with a shirt and vest underneath......... god i am beuing pfb arent i?....... think i feel like it keeps the nappy on or something!!

when did yours start to not wear bodysuits????......

Someone reassure me please grin

MrsMc82 Wed 15-Jun-11 09:19:27

excuse the typos grin

threefeethighandrising Wed 15-Jun-11 09:25:18

I can't remember but it's been a while (DS is 2.5 now).

I moved him to wearing non-poppered vests for a while, under t-shirts, but it was a short phase, he doesn't wear vests in summer now.

On a warm day, he'll be fine without a vest.

Thinking about it, I did keep DS in a poppered vest longer than some of my friends did with theirs. Perhaps there's something deep-seated going on about refusing to accept our little babies are growing up wink Or perhaps it's nothing like that and we're simply creatures of habit.

Yes it's PFB, but endearingly so IMO smile I wouldn't worry too much about it.

MovingAndScared Wed 15-Jun-11 09:28:59

My DS2 is 16 months - he mainly wears just T-shirt - no vest - sometime just a vest and trouser/dungarees
if its really hot he wears just a vest at night (under his summer sleeping bag)

MrsMc82 Wed 15-Jun-11 09:34:48

Super!! Glad its not the annoying kind of pfb ;) And that i'm not horrible neglectful mummy to consider such a thing hahaha!

Def think its to do with not wanting him to grow up oh and also i'm v neurotic about doing anything vaugly different with DS as still convinced i might break him!!!!

Shall be brave an allow him to wear no vest today - fairly sure he'll not notice and the world will not end!!!! grin

threefeethighandrising Wed 15-Jun-11 09:54:02

Brilliant! Be strong! wink

LoonyRationalist Wed 15-Jun-11 10:07:51

My 2 still wear vests daily (albeit without poppers) daily unless it is really warm. They are 2.4 and 4.9. I have no intention of giving up my vest habit (on their behalf that is) anytime soon.

I don't know how it happened but the idea that children must wear vests is deeply ingrained in me. I don't wear a vest and can never remember wearing one hmm

Species8472 Wed 15-Jun-11 15:59:36

My DD is nearly 2 and almost always still wears a poppered vest. It does kind of keep the nappy 'contained' as it were! Until very recently I still put her in sleepsuits, rather than pyjamas and now the nappy is really drooping come morning-time! Makes her look much less babyish, sob.

Guess I'm being a bit PFB with the vests, she's still my baby! I do try to get a few cheap but nice, colourful vests for summer if it's too hot for both vest and t-shirt. And she's still in sleeping bags, and a cot....grin.

Woodlands Wed 15-Jun-11 20:27:07

I have been wondering about this, my DS is 11 months and I always dress him in a poppered vest because it means he doesn't get a gap when his T-shirt rides up. It is a problem on really hot days though. I must be brave and try without a vest at some point!

Eglu Wed 15-Jun-11 20:29:43

Both my DSes wore vest with poppers unti lthey were 2. However, they wore them when it was cold, so not in the summer.

TheCountessOlenska Thu 16-Jun-11 17:36:42

I still do poppered vests - not really thought about leaving them off, in fact I've just bought a pack in 18-24 months (next size up). They are really nice colours from M&S so in warm weather she wears them on their own like a t-shirt with trousers/leggings.

They stop any gaps in the middle - in fact I wish they did them in my size!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now