Talk

Advanced search

What do i put in a pram?

(11 Posts)
Sniffybobs Tue 14-Jun-11 16:55:32

Ok, so i'm a first time mum and have no idea what i need to put in a pram (other than the baby of course!) lol.
Can anyone help me?

kitbit Tue 14-Jun-11 17:06:28

Details please! What kind of pram?

Catsu Tue 14-Jun-11 17:07:12

What do you mean?
You don't need to put anything in it, just the baby and if it's cold a blanket over the baby

GwendolineMaryLacey Tue 14-Jun-11 17:07:45

Damn, wanted someone to say a baby grin

OK, well a sheet on the mattress. I used to put a muslin over the top half to catch dribble.

When will this pram be used? Height of summer or dead of winter?

thisisyesterday Tue 14-Jun-11 17:09:36

i used to have...

sheet on the mattress
muslin over the top half in case baby is sick (saves changing the whole sheet
baby
blankets as necessary

Morebounceperounce Tue 14-Jun-11 17:28:51

Emergency couple of nappies under the mattress for the (first and only) time you forget to restock your change bag. A cunning tip all of my very own as I'd used the nappies to lift the end of the mattress when DD had a cold.

The feeling of relief was immense when I remembered that they were there, after a minute of bone chilling terror and trying to think of ways to improvise a nappy when miles from the shops and home.

You will fill the basket etc up with all sorts of other shite in no time though.

quickchat Tue 14-Jun-11 20:38:00

Ha ha morebounce. My DS's pram was just perfect.

Constantly clean crisp white sheet, muslin and beautiful blankets. Never any sign that he had reflux, It was immaculate.

My DD's pram is full of said shite. I found a black furry banana in the basket yesterday.

I wouldn't have known it was there as snotty tissues were hiding it's cover!

Sniffybobs Wed 15-Jun-11 08:40:49

Thanks everyone, wasn't sure if i needed blankets, sheets etc. Someone mentioned cosytoes, but i have no idea what one of these is either. lol

snailoon Wed 15-Jun-11 08:44:07

Everything except the baby.
Shopping, all your junk, bags, books, etc
The baby would rather be carried.

Cyclebump Wed 15-Jun-11 08:48:24

A pram doesn't need a cosy toes, a buggy does (they're the sleeping bag type things that zip onto the buggy over the child's legs).

My DS is 10 weeks and I don't drive so am a pram junkie!

In the current weather I take:

In the pram itself:
Sheet over mattress.
Muslin for under baby's head as he is incredibly sicky.
Large sheet-style muslin to fold and use as blanket or drape over pram as sun protection.
Cellular blanket in case it gets a bit cold.

In the basket underneath:
The pram cover.
The rain cover.
At least one extra muslin for said sick sad
Shopping.

My nappy bag clips onto the push bar, which is fab as it frees up the basket underneath!

Sniffybobs Wed 15-Jun-11 12:58:17

Thanks cyclebump
You rhave all been really helpful and put my mind at rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now