Talk

Advanced search

holiday diary

(4 Posts)
Boblina Mon 13-Jun-11 21:31:12

Sorry for posting here but to be honest I am not sure where to post it. We (me, DH, DS1 4yrs and DS2 18 months) are going to Italy for three weeks on Wednesday (HURRAH). Anyway DS1 nursery mentioned that it would be good to help DS1 do a holiday diary and then bring it into the school for assembly. He goes to a nursery attached to the school. I assume that many of you have done this kind of thing. What does one look like? How much detail is needed? Many photos or is it mainly postcards, drawings and little sentences of what happened that day? Is it an everyday account? Thanks

Mummyloveskisses Mon 13-Jun-11 21:44:08

I haven't done one but I would say a scrap book with a few photo's/postcards with 3/4 sentences to say what happened and the more drawings DS could do the better as this makes it ''his'' and perhaps he can write a title on each page?

I can't see they would need anymore than this

Roo83 Tue 14-Jun-11 18:20:51

My ds is 3yrs and we did a diary for him to take into preschool...it was photos printed out and stuck in with one line of text....eg. I enjoyed playing on the beach, I went on a boat trip etc.

BlueChampagne Wed 15-Jun-11 15:31:06

This is probably too late, but photos, tickets, menus, postcards, wrappers of Italian sweets, drawings, and a simple sentence on each page. I'm sure he'll enjoy looking at it in years to come too, so make sure you get it back from school! Hope you have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now